Katrina Kibben has been an army brat, social media ninja, employer brand copywriter, and keynote speaker. But today she has the best job of all. As CEO of Three Ears Media, Katrina takes a high-energy, humorous, and non-traditional approach to writing and coaching teams of all sizes on how to write compelling job postings and recruitment marketing content that will convert passive, online candidates into their next great hire.
Katrina wrote the book on job postings and has been sharing her ideas on stages and online for over 10 years. Her articles are featured on Fortune Magazine, LinkedIn's Talent Blog and more.
Elena is an expert in leveraging video stories in the workplace. With the motto “you cannot be what you cannot see” Elena started filming jobs as a way to get young people excited about the world of work. Since then, her team at Skill Scout has since built a world-class media company. Their films have helped clients like Nike and American Airlines engage candidates and employees alike. She was recently named “HR Superhero of the Year” by DisruptHR Chicago.
She is also the co-founder of Mezcla Media Collective. A non-profit that elevates women filmmakers of color. Next up for Elena and her team is the Humans@Work documentary series that shares stories of people who find passion and meaning in their work.
Matt is the Director of Partner Relations with Carex Consulting Group. Matt has 20 years of Human Resources experience specializing in the field of talent acquisition. Specific areas of concentration include recruitment strategy, workforce planning, assessment and selection, metrics, candidate experience and process design. Matt is a strong proponent of leveraging technology in the recruiting process where he has experience with multiple applicant tracking systems and leverages numerous existing and emerging recruiting tools/resources.
A little bit more about Matt:
- Matt is the President of Wisconsin Recruiters, a networking and professional development organization for Talent Acquisition professionals throughout Wisconsin. He also sits on the Advisory Board for Chicago Recruiters.
- Matt is a member of the Board of Directors of Junior Achievement Dane County and is on the planning committee for Food-for-Kidz, a local non-profit that has packaged and distributed over 2 million meals worldwide since its inception in 2006.
- Matt was born in Connecticut, grew up in Massachusetts and Minnesota, and lived in Colorado for several years before moving to Madison in 2000.
8:30 - 9:00: Check-in and networking
9:00 - 9:10: Kickoff with Jason Buss, Founder, Recruiters Network
9:10 - 10:10: Katrina Kibben- Why Your Job Posts Aren't Working and How-To Change That
10:10 - 10:30: AllyO- All 'yo questions: Demystify AI through the lens of 70M+ candidate conversations
10:30-10:55: Networking Break
10:55 - 11:00: Prize Drawings & Announcements
11:00 - 12:00: Elena Valentine- The Power of Recruitment Video Storytelling: How To Craft Videos That Supercharge Your Hiring Strategy
12:00: Wrap up
Why Your Job Posts Aren't Working and How-To Change That
Want to increase your job post engagement? Sure, who doesn't? But how? This hands-on presentation will provide examples of why many job postings fall flat and what recruiters can do to give them a facelift with the potential of doubling, or even tripling, qualified candidate engagement.
You'll learn how to:
- Recognize what works and what doesn't about your job posts and your competitors—including how to spot well-written skills-related bullets to attract the right candidates
- Research job titles and increase traffic to your posts
- Formulas and tactics you can apply to every job post
- Hone your copywriting skills to improve response rates to your job postings, including responses for those hard-to-find candidates and passive job seekers from diverse backgrounds
- Measure the impact of your job postings
All 'yo questions: Demystify AI through the lens of 70M+ candidate conversation
Find out what AllyO has learned from over 70 Million conversations with candidates including the unique data surrounding how AI impacts candidates, recruiters, HR managers, and operations managers.
Join us as we allow space for an open discussion, answering the questions that matter to you most – let's throw out the buzzwords so that we/you can gain the knowledge necessary to make the best decisions moving forward.
The Power of Recruitment Video Storytelling: How To Craft Videos That Supercharge Your Hiring Strategy
The future of hiring is creating an experience that immerses candidates in what the job, company culture, and even the hiring process is really like. Marketers have long known the power that video storytelling can have on consumer behavior. So why shouldn’t talent acquisition leaders and recruiters take advantage of this “superpower”? This session will dive into the benefits of good video storytelling and how it can help you attract candidates, keep them engaged, and seamlessly bring them onboard. In this presentation, Elena will cover what topics candidates care about, uncover your own company’s unique stories, share best in class company approaches, and lastly share tangible tips to activate your recruitment video strategy.
- Identify content that resonates with your prospective candidates
- Learn the key aspects of building a powerful story
- How to engage your employees in authentic and easy video content creation